1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Phone does not wake up

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by soulstar, Jan 19, 2010.

1. soulstar

soulstar New Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Noticed this happen about 2-3 times since I got the phone on launch day... In fact, it just happened again. Was wondering if anyone else had this problem.

I've noticed sometimes when I leave my phone alone (standby, screen turned off, etc) and try to wake my phone, the phone does not power back on at all. And yes, battery still has a good amount of charge left.

I can press the power/wake button but no response. No unlock screen, nothing. I hold the power/wake button and it does not boot either. Only a battery pull will allow the phone to boot go back to normal again.

Anyone have this problem before?

Advertisement

2. denimjunkie82

denimjunkie82 Member

Jan 2, 2010
    This just happened to me today. I had a notification on twidroid...then 10 mins later i went to check on my phone and it wouldn't wake up. my track ball still kept blinking. A battery pull fixed it.

Now that im thinking back at it, i should have called my phone too to see if it would pick up a call, and maybe some more testing. oh well.

3. Markdental

Markdental Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Florida
    Happened to me a few times. Haven't had it happen for a while.

4. versp

versp Active Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Happened to twice in a row on my Galaxy S, immediately after rooting it just now.

I did try calling it, and although I didn't go straight to the answerphone (phone's in a coma?), there was no sign of life from the phone.

Has anyone found some sort of fix or even a reason for this?

Tags: