• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone doesn't display phone number in the phone description area.

Little Dude

Lurker
Aug 15, 2011
I have recently acquired an LG Optimus One P500h phone. When I click on Status that is located within the About Phone tab in Settings, it does not show my cell phone number.

As well, when I receive an incoming call it does not show the contact's name even if I have the number saved under a contact.

Is anyone else having this problem or know of a solution to this problem?

Thank you very much.

I have recently acquired an LG Optimus One P500h phone. When I click on Status that is located within the About Phone tab in Settings, it does not show my cell phone number.

As well, when I receive an incoming call it does not show the contact's name even if I have the number saved under a contact.

Is anyone else having this problem or know of a solution to this problem?

Thank you very much.

Did you transfer your contacts from another phone? I had a Nokia before, and I had to transfer all my contacts through bluetooth, and since Symbian and Android use different formats for contacts and hence business cards, contact names weren't shown for incoming contacts for me as well. So just edit the contacts on your android phone. You dont have to do much, just click edit and save - you dont really have to make any changes. Then the contact names will be displayed for all incoming calls.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones