1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Phone doesn't power on - possible to RUU it?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jsp_1983, Jul 4, 2011.

1. jsp_1983

jsp_1983 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 8, 2009
    Bum
    Blackpool, UK
    So, my Desire seems to have commited suicide.

Earlier today, it went in to airplane mode, which surprised me. About an hour ago, it rebooted, but got stuck on the HTC boot screen. I tried powering it off to reboot, but it wouldn't, so I removed the battery. When I switched it on, it stayed stuck on the HTC boot screen. So I went in to the boot menu to try a factory reset, but then it got stuck on the skateboarding androids screen. So I decided to try an RUU. It got so far, before saying that it couldn't upgrade my version of Android (or something like that), but then it booted back in to the phone. So I tried backing up the phone from there, but during the backup in Titanium, it rebooted itself and stayed on the HTC boot screen. I powered it off again and now it won't turn on at all, plugged in or with the battery removed for 10 minutes. There isn't even a charging LED when it's plugged in.

I've arranged with HTC to collect it tomorrow for repair, but I'm just wondering if there's a way that they can tell it's got a custom ROM on it, even though it won't power on? I'll be thankful if there isn't!

I just can't believe that, three weeks after having it come back from repair (replacement mobo, apparently), it does it again. Ridiculous.

Advertisement

2. SUroot

SUroot Android Expert
    None

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    You can't RUU it if it doesn't turn on. Sounds like hardware. Doubt they'll be poking around software tbh

3. jsp_1983

None

Dec 8, 2009
    Bum
    Blackpool, UK
    I know, it sounds like such a daft question... I just didn't know if there was another way of 'waking' the phone to just RUU it.

Fingers crossed they'll see that it's knackered and swap out the faulty component(s). Again.

4. jsp_1983

None

Dec 8, 2009
    Bum
    Blackpool, UK
    Sent my phone off on Wednesday and it arrived back, working, the next day! Brilliant!

5. SUroot

SUroot Android Expert
    None

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    That was quick.

Tags: