• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone doesn't receive low battery push notifications anymore

Okay, so usually when my phone battery gets to about 15%, it sends me a notification in the drop down notification bar thingy, like a text message notification would, and then it turns Battery Saver Mode on, and the top and bottom of the screen turn orange. That's all fine and dandy, except for the fact that I don't get the notification anymore. My phone just, well, silently slips into the saver mode without telling me! I mean, it's good that the battery is automatically doing this when needed, but I'd definitely appreciate it if I would get reminded to run to a charger. I'm a little slow at noticing things, so I don't see the orange bars quickly enough to do much about it. I just wish that it would be a little more obvious to me that my battery is dying! I've googled it multiple times, and I've even looked through my phone's Device Help app, but everything that shows up is 'how to disable the low battery notification', but that's not helping, cause I want the notification ON.

Update: a very interesting thing happened.

I've still been having troubles trying to figure out what happened to the low battery notifications and how to bring them back. So far, it's been unsuccessful. Here's the thing; the second most recent time my battery level hit the 15% threshold, I actually somehow got the notification that used to go with it! I still don't know what happened differently in order to get it, because it hasn't happened since, but I'll experiment around to try to see what conditions have to be met. Does anybody have any ideas of what variables to test?

Upvote 0
It could very well be that your notifications were broken by one update and then fixed by another. It could also be that at one time when you swiped away the notification, you inadvertently block the notification from being displayed. I'd check you notification settings to see if there are any blocks going on that could affect this.

Reactions: MoodyBlues
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones