1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Phone doesn't recognize full number

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by gbonato, Jul 30, 2011.

1. gbonato

gbonato Member
    None

Dec 13, 2010
    Brazil
    First a little introduction: I don't know how it works in other countries, but here in Brazil when we want to make a long distance call we need to introduce a carrier number of our choice in adition to the long distance code.

Example: same city number, just dial 8229-1234. When calling another city, dial 0 41 55 8229-1234 (being 41 the number for the company I chose and 55 the city code).

Now the problem: when someone is calling my carrier sends me the information that 0 55 8229-1234 is calling. It doesn't display a carrier number.

In other words, my phone has the full numbers saved in its memory and my carrier sends me a slightly different information. Another side effect is that SMS app doesn't group messages properly. Messages sent (which include carrier number) are together and named and messages received, which don't have the carrier number, are in a different group, with no name label.

When I used HTC Sense (Android 2.1), it was all fine. System was able to understand the difference and associated names to the number without the carrier in between.

Now I'm using Cyanogen Mod (Android 2.2) and my phone cannot show me correctly who is calling.

Any idea how to fix this?

HTC Hero - Android 2.2.1 - Elelinux 6.2.0 Speedmachine V4

Advertisement

2. ironass

ironass Android Expert

Aug 17, 2010
    Male
    Keeping one step ahead of the Tax man
    Cotswolds, England
    You say that your HTC Hero worked fine on the stock firmware and that this has come about since switching to CyanogenMod7.

You may get a better/quicker response/solution if you re-posted this to either the rooted section of your handset in this forum:-

Hero - All Things Root - Android Forums

or addressed the question directly to Cyanogen:-

CyanogenMod | Android Community Rom based on Gingerbread

alternatively there is the CM7 forum for your phone on xda developers here:-

Android Forums & Windows Phone Discussion @ xda-developers

Hope this helps.