• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone doesn't send SMS after Lollipop

Echoforce

Lurker
Jun 24, 2012
Hey folks! Thanks for checking out my thread. I have an issue. I updated to Lollipop (5.0.1) from KitKat (4.4.2) on my LG G3 VS985 Device the other day. Ever since then, I can't send text messages. I don't know why. I can add an APN and connect to the internet via 4G LTE, i can call and recieve calls, I can even recieve SMS (not sure about MMS), but I can't send any. Message fails. Every time. Tried t-mobile and metropcs APNs, willing to consider trying a factory reset. Would rather not if there's an easier fix. Would flashing a rom help? I would love to have CloudyG on my phone but the last time I tried to flash it I got a Security Error. Help there would be nice. Thanks a ton!

TL;DR: Cant send SMS after Lollipop update, need fix

extra notes: its a verizon phone unlocked and activated with metroPCS, seller is legit and experienced so i doubt its stolen or an esn problem or anything i think

phone worked fine on 4.4.2 but on 5.0.1 there is no sms
would consider switching to 4.4.2 but i really love the 5.0.1 update, it made my phone much faster and i love the UI

help please!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones