1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phone drops call, sticks on "hanging up"

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by (G), Nov 15, 2016.

1. (G)

(G) Android Expert

I've had this happen to me twice in the past week. I'm talking on the phone (long distance) and suddenly the call gets dropped, but the phone looks like it's still connected. So I hit the "hang up" icon, and the phone then spends at least 3 minutes saying "Hanging up" but never does. Then I try to power it off and it won't power off until I hold the power and volume up buttons. THEN it takes several minutes to reboot.

Anyone else have this happen?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

When things like this happen, I like to suggest trying a wipe of the cache partition. This does not destroy any data on the phone, but it does clear away some log files and other temp files that may be affecting performance.

See instructions for this here: https://motorola-global-portal.cust...108278/p/30,6720,9583/kw/wipe cache partition

By the way, you don't have to hold volume to restart the phone. Holding the power button for about ten seconds will always force a restart of the phone.

Thom likes this.
  3. ... I was also wondering about a possible glitch on the Verizon side. I have been dropping from 4G to 3G a lot over the last week. Whenever this has happened in the past Verizon was "upgrading" the network area I was on.

... Thom

(G) and doogald like this.
  4. (G)

(G) Android Expert

Thanks, but not in this case. I held the power button down for a good minute and nothing happened. It just kept saying "Hanging up." Only when I also held the volume button did it finally shut down. However, thanks for the cache info!

doogald likes this.
  5. I had a Droid Maxx and answered a call while in Staples. The buttons at the bottom of the display did not work.

I assumed it was a hardware problem and prepared it before taking it into Verizon for and exchange by doing a Factory Data Reset.

The buttons worked and never failed again.

... Thom

6. (G)

(G) Android Expert

Thanks. If it happens again I'll give that a try. For now, I've tried clearing the cache, so we'll see.

7. As I indicated ... in my case nothing else worked and I was preparing to turn it in for a replacement.

My point was that there is a fuzzy line in these devices between software and hardware that is sometimes corrected by reloading the firmware.

... Thom

Motorola Droid Turbo 2 Forum

The Motorola Droid Turbo 2 release date was October 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.4" inch screen, 21MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 810 processor, and 3760mAh battery.

October 2015
Release Date
Reviews