1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

phone errors!

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by xXviperiperXx, Jul 21, 2013.

1. xXviperiperXx

xXviperiperXx Lurker
    None

Jun 5, 2013
    hi,

i am getting errors since i got my phone last month. im trying to figure out what to do, i have a lg-e400f phone. the type of errors i've been getting is "low phone storage", "error downloading .... there is insufficient space on this device" when i have downloaded 2 apps. this is getting me annoyed, i also have a 32 gb sd card and have not used any of it since the errors that i had. internal memory: total space 1.00 gb, available 543mb. Sd card: total space 29.70gb, available space 29.70 and system memory: available space 19.56mb. i have the latest update aswell. please help :mad: i really need to fix this so i can go on with my phone. thanks hope i get a reply :mad:

Advertisement

2. 64MarcoV

64MarcoV Always use a Hammer
    VIP Member
    None

Jul 11, 2013
    Male
    Operate a Volvo L90F Wheelloader
    Woubrugge, Netherlands
    Tried to take the battery out? And push any button to release any left over current. Are you sure that when you take a picture the phone is writing that picture to the sd card, and not to the phone internal memory?
    Is there any resethole? Take the simcard out and try to reset the phone to its factory values.
    I hope this workes for you.

3. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Android Expert
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    Owensboro, KY
    If it runs Android 4.x your download partition is likely full. Go to settings-storage and look where it shows for "downloads" specifically the remaining amount. Sometimes (and I have no idea why) Android has the "download" folder mapped to its own partition, and apk files temporarily store there until installed. Sadly sometimes they aren't removed and then Play Store refuses to function. Also, downloads from there browser get stored there as well.

Another possibility is a full "cache" partition or a full "data" partition. Sadly, this is the bad thing (among many) with lower end products. If someone truly wants to appreciate Android, they have to pay an iPhone like price.

funkylogik likes this.
  4. badblue1

badblue1 * TRUCKS ARE BEAUTIFUL *
    None

Nov 18, 2011
    Male
    truck driver
    ~ the "burgh" ~
    +1^
    Delete all cache files, deleting cache won't harm anything. Just go to settings > applications> all apps, just tap on the app and when it opens, tap clear cache or get a free cache cleaner from the playstore.
    You would be surprised at how much cache your browser uses, i clean it everyday.

funkylogik likes this.
  5. nickdalzell

None

Jun 17, 2011
    Owensboro, KY
    I just checked Chrome after a weekend's use. 50.5MB.

badblue1 and funkylogik like this.
  6. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Male
    monkey
    Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe
    Try the App Cache Cleaner widget to clear cache with one tap. I still use it sometimes on a mid-range phone :thumbup:

badblue1 likes this.
  7. nickdalzell

None

Jun 17, 2011
    Owensboro, KY
    I just go into settings and manually clear cache every few days. There are some apps which rebuild their cache as soon as you clear it which can slow things down so I see a clear all cache widget in the same vain as a task killer.

badblue1 likes this.