1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phone for MP3 use only

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by LOTL, Sep 29, 2014.

1. LOTL

LOTL Newbie

Looking to pick up a used Android bar phone with microSD slot, less than 4" screen and something that has a decent stable ROM.
    I have my old Droid X that was running VXLR V2.2.0 and set it up for basically a USB mass storage device with a 32GB microSD card, works well but i have other plans for it and its a little big for tucking away.
    The factory radio in this Hyundai wont work with any flash drives i have tried and i was using this micky mouse Sansa MP3 player with a 32GB microUSB card but its been acting up lately.
    Id like to have something smaller than the Droid X and was looking at the Motorola Defy, Defy+ and CLIQ2 as possibilities. Open to others. Was planning on picking up on Ebay.
    The downside i see to this is i have deactivated the Droid X after wiping it and it prompted me once to activate. I was able to bypass the activation by using the press on the four corners trick and it took me to the desktop. Rebooted twice and was waiting on the activation screen to come up again but it didnt. Maybe its the fact that im running a custom ROM on the DX?
    Anyways a small nuisance even if whatever phone i get forces me to do this when first booting.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download