1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phone "forgot" my pattern

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Zumaki, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Zumaki

Zumaki Android Enthusiast

I set my lock to fingerprints, but wanted to mess with those settings. So it asks for the pattern I added as a secondary. I know 100% what the pattern is, but it's not taking it. Really not looking forward to the possibility of having to reset the phone.

2. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

My 26 yo Son just went through the "can't remember pattern" in just the same scenario. My guess is he just forgot the pattern. Anyway, he called Samsung and they said no way to override... to remove the pattern. Son had to reset his S7. Fortunately, it was on day two of ownership so it was a tad less painful.

3. Zumaki

Yeah I've only had it a week, but... maaaaaaan.

4. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

Samsung has become quite popular with their ridiculous "security" problems recently.. Some phones are also "forgetting" fingerprints and stuff.. Yep! So secure that not even the OWNERS can get in!

5. Zumaki

I'm on try #17. Having to wait an hour each time. Tomorrow morning I'll just reset it.

6. Zumaki

Update: I gave it 20 tries of every combination I would have come up with, nothing. Ended up resetting phone.

Possibly good news for anyone reading this thread with similar issues: If you enabled Samsung backup and Google backup, there's practically nothing missing once you do the factory reset and restore.

bcrichster, Deleted User and KOLIO like this.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8890 Octa processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews