1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Phone freeze

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by N1vag, Aug 5, 2012.

1. N1vag

N1vag Member
    None

Jun 4, 2011
    My daughter's Galaxy Ace won't boot up. She hasn't tried to install any type of custom ROM (she doesnt even know what they are). She was playing a game on it and the phone just froze.
    I have taken the battery out and then replaced it but now it goes to the "SAMSUNG ACE" screen, jumps to the "welcome to O2" screen and then sticks on a black screen with "SAMSUNG" on it. Every now and then it will go from that back to the O2 screen and then back to the Samsung screen.
    Any ideas how to get it back without wiping anything?

Advertisement

2. ayush29k

ayush29k Android Expert
    None

Aug 19, 2011
    Delhi
    You are in a bootloop currently, i think a factory reset, wiping cache and data from recovery might help you out. I don't remember if any of these options are available in stock recovery, just open the recovery and see what options are available to you.

Enter recovery menu by pressing and holding power key + home button.
    Try and see if only wiping cache(no data loss) helps, then try the other 2(probable data loss). See if the recovery menu has any of these options and try them.

N1vag likes this.
  3. N1vag

N1vag Member
    None

Jun 4, 2011
    ayush29k, thanks for your very quick reply. I've tried getting the phone into recovery mode but when I press the power and home key it just goes back to the SAMSUNG GALAXY ACE screen and starts the loop again.

I've looked at http://androidforums.com/ace-all-things-root/552034-galaxy-ace-wont-enter-recovery-mode.html but still can't get the phone into recovery mode.

I looked on Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnxXvgxVDN4) and what the guy is doing there is exactly what I am doing. Also my first screen isnt like his first screen. My first screen is the Samsung Galaxy Ace screen not the solo Samsung screen. Does it make a difference that my phone is the s5830i?

4. N1vag

N1vag Member
    None

Jun 4, 2011
    Ok, Ive got the phone to recovery mode now (I needed to press Volume up aswell as the home and power button.
    It comes up with the following options:
    1:reboot system now
    2:apply update from sdcard
    3:wipe date/factory reset
    4:wipe cache partition

the reboot one doesnt do anything so I am assuming that the next one to try will be the wipe cache partition and then if push comes to shove it will be the wipe date/factory reset! Is this correct?

5. N1vag

N1vag Member
    None

Jun 4, 2011
    I've done the wipe cache partition with no success and then I bit the bullet and did the wipe data/factory reset. This also had no success.
    Any other ideas?

6. ayush29k

ayush29k Android Expert
    None

Aug 19, 2011
    Delhi
    You should have mentioned the phone model before, the s5830 and s5830i are very different models, s5830i is more like Galaxy Y in hardware than Ace, don't know why samsung named it ace.
    You did the procedure quite fine, and it was good of you to consult other sources too :)

Sorry mate, i am all out of ideas, that should have helped you since you are not rooted, now all you can do now is take it to the service center, they will most probably install a fresh O2 firmware on the phone. Do ask them why it happened in the first place, i have never heard of bootloops on a non rooted phone before.

N1vag likes this.
  7. zZzACEzZz

zZzACEzZz Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 3, 2012
    Finland
    I suggest that you go back to the store where you bought your daughters SGA, tell them whats the problem and they maybe give you a new one or send it to somewhere to fix it.

8. N1vag

N1vag Member
    None

Jun 4, 2011
    ayush29k, sorry, I didnt realise it was an 'i' version until I started to try to get it into recovery mode and looked on youtube. Oh well, a trip to o2 it is then! Thanks for all your help.