1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phone froze, bricked?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DILands, Aug 6, 2017.

1. DILands

DILands Android Expert

Just what it says. Was playing a game. Phone froze. Home button doesn't work, power button doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Nevermind - it game me the "running slow" error after about 15 minutes.

#1 DILands, Aug 6, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  2. Best Answer:
    Post #3 by Fox Mulder, Aug 6, 2017 (1 points)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

3. Phases

Phases NO LONGER ADMIN

Unsure if battery is pull-able on the s8 but if so, might help next time.

4. The S5 was the last Sammy flagship with a removable battery, a major reason I'm hanging on to mine.

Xavier Black and svim like this.
  5. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Press and hold the power button for 10-20 seconds. I've yet to meet a freeze with any phone that's so bad that that doesn't work.

6. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Android Expert

I did. A known defect on S8. Problem with power button. Verizon sent me a refurbished phone for my brand new one. Would not power up at all. Very annoying to get a used phone already. Samsung would do nothing unless I shipped it back and it would take a week. Disgusting

7. surgeman

surgeman Newbie

Quality at it's finest...

8. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Extreme Android User

Sorry off topic but I'd always thought that too. How wrong was I. Tried to flash a kernel earlier and it went horribly wrong. Honestly the closest I've ever been to a full bricked Samsung. I can't even call what I got a boot loop as there was nothing looping. It was just a solid Samsung Galaxy S8 logo. Holding power didn't turn the phone off. Couldn't boot it into recovery. Luckily I could still get into download mode. Another problem there though, can I download stock firmware on my PC before my battery runs out? It wasn't looking like it so I took a shot and flashed the TWRP I'd already got on there. Surprisingly it actually worked and put me into recovery. Thank you nandroid. So long story short yes you can have a freeze so bad that holding the power button doesn't work :p

Hadron likes this.
  9. James L

James L Android Expert

Volume down and the Bixby button works too.

tube517 and Xavier Black like this.

Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus release date was April 2017. Features and Specs include a 6.2" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4/6GB RAM, Exynos 8895 processor, and 3500mAh battery.

April 2017
Release Date
Reviews