1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phone frozen and won't turn on

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Matts076, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Matts076

Matts076 Lurker

My phone froze and wouldn't power on. It would show the updating apps message then shut down.I put in a new battery and had the charging port changed but no luck. It wont respond to my PC with the usb either. Is there anyway I can still get my photos off the phone? I think it just has a sim card.

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

If it literally will not power on then there is no way of getting your data off it.There has to be something running on the phone for you to interact with (in practice that "something" almost certainly means the full android OS). If it won't power at all then there really is nothing.

Have you checked whether you had any cloud backup set up, e.g. using Google's Photos app?

3. Matts076

Matts076 Lurker

For some reason just the contacts backed up. No photos

4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

The "some reason" is probably that you didn't turn it on.

Unfortunately I cannot see any solution (apart from possibly from asking a professional data recovery service whether they can do anything, which would be expensive if they can).

LG Escape 2 Forum

The LG Escape 2 release date was March 2015. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 410 processor, and 2100mAh battery.

March 2015
Release Date
Reviews