• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone frozen on "Android system recovery <3e?"screen

Chc

Lurker
Oct 14, 2011
Today I decided to have the amazing idea of turning on my phone and now im stuck on this screen

The screen says:

ANDROID SYSTEM RECOVERY <3e>

SAMSUNG SYSTEM RECOVERY UTILS
-FOR BML-

-REBOOT SYSTEM NOW
-APPLY SDCARD:UPDATE.ZIP
-WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET
-WIPE CACHE PARTITION

E: PATH: /DATA/update_success
E:update file is backed up: Reported

# MANUAL MODE #

I have not installed any mod, or update, or rooted my phone in any way shape or form. All I did was turn it on

I've selected every single option but none of them work, even resetting to factory settings .
Taking out the battery and the sd card didn't do anything either. I am completely clueless on what to do. I have no idea how this happened or how to fix it. please help.

Today I decided to have the amazing idea of turning on my phone and now im stuck on this screen

The screen says:

ANDROID SYSTEM RECOVERY &lt;3e&gt;

-FOR BML-

-REBOOT SYSTEM NOW
-WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET
-WIPE CACHE PARTITION

# MANUAL MODE #

I have not installed any mod, or update, or rooted my phone in any way shape or form. All I did was turn it on

I've selected every single option but none of them work, even resetting to factory settings .
Taking out the battery and the sd card didn't do anything either. I am completely clueless on what to do. I have no idea how this happened or how to fix it. please help.

Can you get in to Download mode by holding camera +volume down +power? If so go into all things root and download Odin, it's a sticky in there. If you still want it stock then choose the stock zip.

Upvote 0
Hi. My phone is doing the exact same thing except it wont let me choose any of the options. When I down Power and Volume up/Down it just resets that phone and goes back to the recovery screen. Once its on that screen its just frozen, it wont let me choose any options.

Any advice?

Also there were no updates that I know of unless it updated in my sleep. I put it on charge last night and went to bed, and now its doing this first thing in the morning.

Upvote 0
One thing that does happen is when I press the home button the text disappears and shows the background which is the little green man with a triangle with a an exclamation mark in it. But like I said it is just the background image being emphasized... its been sitting here for about 15 minutes doing nothing.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
mine is doing the same exact thing and ive been reading up on some of this stuff and my phone wont go to a downloading mode it just goes straight into the system recovery or if i hold down vol itll go to the flashing samsung screen and just stay there the odin thing confuses me how do you get to the odin?

Try vol down + CAMERA + power.
;)
Edit-are you using the Prevail?

Upvote 0
Used ODIN and reloaded up successfully. I Love Android Phones. With previous phones I would have been screwed. Plus all my contacts are back with verizons and androids backup feature thing.- Swwweeeeeet
You have a backup with Verizon? How are you doing that? Are we talking about the Fascinate? You're in the Prevail section. Did you use the Fascinate Odin on the Prevail?

I think I might be reading too much into this...

Upvote 0
Can you get in to Download mode by holding camera +volume down +power? If so go into all things root and download Odin, it's a sticky in there. If you still want it stock then choose the stock zip.

I'm using Atheros xplore7400 mobile phone and I don't have the camera button, only the volume up/down and power. How can I reach the download mode? I have the same problem as CHC had. Stuck at recovery and can't move anywhere from there...

Thanks for replies

Upvote 0
Today i had a system update on my CAT B15Q phone. I downloaded the new update, everything normal. I installed the update, the phone crashed and when i reboot my phone, system recovery started. i tried backing up my data, wipe data/factory reset, and i am still stuck on system reboot. PLZ HELP!!!!!!!
Also - no, download mode doesn't appear.

Upvote 0
Hi I have a Verizon Ellipsis 8 and it is stuck on Android System Recovery <3e> I have clicked on wipe data/factory reset then reboot system now and the screen reboots like regularly then it turns black please help I also noticed that when it turns black it is on and I have to hold on the power button to actually turn it off
Thanks to everyone who will and has replied☺️

Upvote 0

The screen says:

ANDROID SYSTEM RECOVERY <3e>

-FOR BML-

-REBOOT SYSTEM NOW
-WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET
-WIPE CACHE PARTITION

# MANUAL MODE #

How about myphone agua rio fun recovery system <3e> ? stuck on myphone screen

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones