1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Phone Fusion Visual Voice Mail App

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rodhull, Apr 16, 2010.

1. rodhull

rodhull Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Has anyone else tried this?

I'm with T-Mobile in the UK, and voicemail isn't included in my minutes, so I get charged to access it - thought I'd try one of the voicemail apps on the market to get round this issue (seeing as my data plan is "unlimited" albeit with a 3Gb FUP).

I first tried HulloMail, but just didn't get on with the app, really. I could never get the messages to play out of the earpiece on my Desire, and it was just generally not as nice as the next app I tried:

I've now been playing with PhoneFusion Visual Voicemail which seems to work pretty well, although I don't seem to receive SMS notifications when a voicemail has been left - e-mail notification to Gmail works fine, and if I manually sync the Android app, that works too, but I thought that I should be receiving SMS notifications too?

E-mail and app updating is all well and good, but if I'm out of data-range service and someone leaves a message, it would be nice to receive an SMS (which needs very little signal to get through).

The PhoneFusion ticket support hasn't been very useful thus far (but it is free, so I can't expect much!).

Has anyone else had this problem, or has a fix, or has a better alternative?

Advertisement

Tags: