• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone gets extremely hot

Nintendo1889

Android Enthusiast
Nov 9, 2010
I've only had it for one day, but it seems that this phone gets really hot. It was in the sunlight with the gps on but the a/c was on. I set the display to 50 (came from the store at 64%) and it seems to have cooled off.

I'll report back as I find out more. I wish it had an auto display brightness sensor (yes, I know that lux lite does this as well).

I've only had it for one day, but it seems that this phone gets really hot. It was in the sunlight with the gps on but the a/c was on. I set the display to 50 (came from the store at 64%) and it seems to have cooled off.

I'll report back as I find out more. I wish it had an auto display brightness sensor (yes, I know that lux lite does this as well).
Mine is getting hot too. Try disabling data when not using it. 4G phones usually run at very high temperatures.
Do you have the 4G version or the 3G one?

Upvote 0
Metropcs 4g lte. I'll try disabling data. Is yours 3g?

Does 3g help the temperature?

Another thing I will try is disabling voice over lte.
I think it's fine to overheat. It's a common think on Snapdragon processors. My other phone, Lg L70 overheats as well.
Lg knows that. The phone will decrease the brightness to cool down the processor.
ALSO make sure you don't have the Facebook app installed. Facebook kills your phone battery and ram.

Upvote 0
I think it's fine to overheat. It's a common think on Snapdragon processors. My other phone, Lg L70 overheats as well.
Lg knows that. The phone will decrease the brightness to cool down the processor.
ALSO make sure you don't have the Facebook app installed. Facebook kills your phone battery and ram.
Keep brightness 20 and below. 3g runs battery more than 4g doesn't it? ..both networks drain battery but 4g is working faster so completes faster ..lol don't have Facebook or messenger they both drain...go to setting,development settings,process stats,click on right tab and enable system too...now look at what is draining memory.

Upvote 0
In my experience, heat issues and battery drain have been caused by all the syncing that is set by default. Update Google app and it adds Google Fit syncing. Just to experiment and troubleshoot, try disabling all syncing. In advanced Wi-Fi, disable Wi-Fi scanning even when Wi-Fi is off. In Google settings, try disabling account history. Let us know how it goes. I'm picking one up today.

Reactions: Nintendo1889
Upvote 0
Pedicle,

This phone had serious heat issues on the drive home from when I bought it at the Metro PCS store, literally ten minutes later. So I think it's a little bit more serious than that. I am experimenting with different settings with wifi, display brightness, and once I root my phone I will try using coolify too.

My l70 would do the same thing but only when data would be on, syncing, and I would be navigating with GPS, and it would be in direct sunlight.

Upvote 0
I disabled play movies and play newsstand and the phone forgot all of my Google accounts!
Go to settings>apps and tap menu button top right corner. Select "reset app preferences".
Disabling apps may affect accounts. Never disable apps.
Also check for updates in the update center. If necessary, re add your Google Account.
I had the same problem when i deleted and disabled google play services data.

Upvote 0
I have also this issue. whenever you root the lg Leon on very boot thermal throttling is disabled you will have to re enable it in a kernel manager app. I personally recommend kernel auditor.
Thanks. Done.

e8945c71a9ccec0a94b43b47895ea337.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones