• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone gets really hot

Mine only got a little warm after watching 2 hours of a movie on Netflix, an hour of gaming (nova 2), and an hour of music - but not really noticeable at all. I also have a TPU case that fits tightly and has NO air vents at all. I hope it's not a defect with some phones or a process in the background that is continuously running causing the over-heating.

Upvote 0
ACK! I saw this post on xda-developers, that's worrisome!

It happened to me twice so far too! I can't remember if I had it plugged in for charging the 1st time, but the 2nd time, I had the car charger plugged into it, and the display screen on. When I went to reach for it, it was so damn hot that I knew it was a problem. I quickly opened up SetCPU and saw that it was at 121 degrees! I quickly turned it off, pulled out the battery and could smell the plastic! I thought of holding it in front of the AC but then was afraid of warping the board.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones