1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support phone getting heated up

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by vibhas, Jul 29, 2011.

1. vibhas

vibhas Lurker
    None

Jul 29, 2011
    Hi
    just purchased the samsung galaxy s2 yesterday.
    I am new to android and even samsung.
    I have noticed the back side of my phone getting warm. not very hot but enouh to feel it on your palm or cheeks.
    Is it normal?

Advertisement

2. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert
    None

heating has been a common issue with this phone, on early firmware. getting slightly warm is still normal, but the heating issue has completely cleared up for me after upgrading my phone firmware. which firmware are u running?

click here to find out how to flash a new firmware to ur phone. that should sort it out :)

3. vibhas

vibhas Lurker
    None

Jul 29, 2011
    How to know the firmware version??

4. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert
    None

u can go to settings/About phone and see the version.. or go to ur phone keypad and dial *#1234# and u should see a PDA and PHONE version. it should end with something like KE4 or KE7.

5. lankunit

lankunit Member
    None

Jul 15, 2011
    It is normal for all phones or most to get warm but never too hot to touch. Espcially for such a thin phone like this and dual core technology it is expected for the phone to but warm. Upgrading firmware certainly does help, I'm running 2.3.4 KG2 at the moment (flashed through odin) and I hardly ever notice the warmness now even when playing games.

6. vibhas

vibhas Lurker
    None

Jul 29, 2011
    after executing *#1234# following versions were indicated:
    PDA: XWKE8
    PHONE : DDKE2

Is it the latest version?

7. sjain4

sjain4 Lurker
    None

Jul 21, 2011
    i just updated my phone through kies... and got the following version....

Android: 2.3.3
    PDA: XWKF3
    Phone: DDKE4

I think this is the latest official version available... Install Samsung Kies and connect your phone to the pc with it... it will tell you if u need to upgrade.. if you want 2.3.4 then you would have to root ur phone use the link given on previous posts.... and heating is a problem in 2.3.3 playing some 3d games it does get quite hot...

hope it helps

8. icedtea

icedtea Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 20, 2011
    Male
    i will just add to the reply above. .kies update is different from flashing it .. am i right? if YES, then even if my phone gets updated via KIES.. it does not mean its upgraded to 2.3.4 . .. if that's the case, what does the KIES upgrade enhance on your phone?

tried mine :

[​IMG]

9. bog3yman

bog3yman Newbie
    None

Jul 13, 2011
    hmm i noticed my phone getting slightly warm too, usually if im playing a game or connected to the data network

10. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert
    None

flashing an updated firmware will give u the same result as updating with kies, except that flashing via odin will just give u the newer firmware much faster than when its released on kies. kies updates vary based from region to region, so the newest kies update for someone in the UK may not be the same for someone in Japan. so just rid urself of all that waiting, and flash a new firmware via Odin.

android 2.3.4 is already available, although unofficial. KF2 is the newest official firmware, as far as i know.. i flashed KG6, which is the newest unofficial one. its 2.3.4 but i suggest KG3 firmware, coz KG6 has removed google video for some reason. the heating problem just completely disappears