1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Phone getting stuck on 1X

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by StaggerLee, Nov 21, 2011.

1. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member
    None

May 10, 2010
    Male
    CA
    Having trouble picking up 4G/3G once I leave, then return to service area. I don't have a signal at my house so I use a network extender. When I am at home, all I get from the network extender is a 1X signal (always use wifi, so not an issue while home). My problem is that once I leave home and re-enter a 4G/3G area, my phone stays stuck on 1X like it was as I was leaving my house. This has happened three times since Thursday, when I got the phone.

I have 4G/3G in my town and for the entire commute. I definitely have 4G where I work in downtown San Francisco and have had it on this particular phone. The only way I can get rid of the 1X signal and pick up 4G/3G is to power down and power up again, which I do not want to do every time I leave my house.

Anyone else having this issue? Any solutions?

I may just swap the phone for a new one as I also got a creaky back cover which doesn't fit right. Was hoping, for ~$350 after tax, that it would just work...

Advertisement

2. tswany11

tswany11 Newbie
    None

Mar 18, 2010
    Twin Cities, MN

I was having a similar problem yesterday while driving from Chicago to Minneapolis. Usually I get 3G the whole way but it got hung up in 1X for a while. My wives droid eris had full 3G the while I was stuck on 1X. I tried to cycle airplane mode on/off - nothing. Did a reboot then I was back on 3G.

Haven't had this issue since - Hope this doesn't happen again.

3. jdb

jdb Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 7, 2009
    It has happened to me once as well. Maybe not the best solution, but I have an airplane mode toggle and just switch it on and off. That seems to work and only takes a few seconds.

4. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member
    None

May 10, 2010
    Male
    CA
    I've tried that a few times, but the only thing that seems to work is powering down/up. I've even tried going to airplane mode, then turning wifi on/off, then going back to mobile network and it still stays stuck on 1X...

I called the Verizon store and the CSR told me that it happens now and again and I needed to do a battery pull. The battery pull worked, but it's happened several times in less than a week, so I'm getting a new one while I still can...

5. RSurge

RSurge Lurker
    None

Jan 5, 2011
    I've had the same issues a couple times since my purchase. I did a restart and it fixed it. Maybe it's just a software update fix in the near future.

I did download the 4G toggle for the Thunder-Bolt (on my Rezound), and thought that is what is causing the 1x problem. The toggle seems to work best in a 4g area where the phone is deciding 3g reception is best for my phone.

6. moparharn

moparharn Member
    None

Mar 24, 2010
    My phone has been doing it all day, and is doing it right now. I downloadedthis thread in 4g and am posting in 1x. It would not be so bad if it switched between 3g and 4g, but 1x? This problem will definitely make me dump this phone if I can't fix it.

Tags: