• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help phone & gmail contacts

memphis9489

Dec 31, 2009
I noticed that when I'm on my computer and select my gmail "Contacts" that my phone contacts now appear on that list.

However, when I add a new phone contact on my phone, that new contact does not appear on my gmail "Contacts" list.

At first, I thought it was nice the my gmail account provided a nice back-up of my phone contacts. But that does not seem to be true. At one time it seemed that it grabbed my phone contacts - but now it does not seem to do that.

One additional point: I have contacts configured through gmail that are only email contacts. I don't even know (or care to know) their phone number. I enter those contacts via gmail. On my phone, I have phone contacts. I really don't care too much about their email address. I enter these phone contacts via my cell phone (HTC Hero). It seems this all gets muddled together. There doesn't seem to be any way to look only at phone contacts -or- only email contacts.

Any ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones