• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help phone goes back to reloading home page

rt2

Apr 8, 2010
Not sure how to properly describe this but bear w/me.

I'm running OTA 2.2 on a no-rooted, stock phone. No problems w/ phone what-so-ever until this morning.

This morning, when I go to, let's say People or Mail or X-Scope etc., if I either hit the Back or Home button to get back to my Home screen the 2nd HTC boot screen comes up briefly (the one w/ the green HTC letters, then a blank Home screen w/ the "Loading" message briefly appears after which the screen repopulates itself w/ my icons as normal.

This is happening in all applications when I hit Back or Home to return to Home.

So far I've pulled the battery twice but I still have the problem. Phone is fully charged.

Is this what would be considered the Forced Closing problem?

Not sure what to try next. Any ideas?

From my experience the force close is a complete system reboot and it doesn't sound like that is happening to your phone. The problem may be software related or a problem with Sense. Did you downloaded any new apps yesterday before the problem started? If so uninstall the app(s) and see what happens. If that doesn't do it, do you have a different home app you can use like launcher pro or awd? Try one of those and see if it still forces a restart when you use the buttons. Other than that, try a factory reset. I know it's a PITA to reset your home screens but it does seem to help as a last resort for many problems.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info. Two days ago I did update my Flash as well as added an app named Silent Boot but I don't think either of those would cause this problem.

I've backed everything up w/ MyBackup and will try booting w/out those apps and then, if that doesn't help will do a factory reset.

Thanks again for your help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones