1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Phone goes not reachable the moment internet is browsed

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by showstealer.pn, Jul 6, 2011.

1. showstealer.pn

None

Jun 27, 2011
    :mad:Hi, I have bought a new HTC Desire HD two weeks agao and I am facing a mjor problem, i.e., the phone goes NOT REACHABLE the moment I start browsing internet or using FB/twitter or any other web enabled.

Do anyone of you face the same problem or it is a defect in my device? is there a solution to this problem other than repair and/or replacement.

Also, if anybody of you are aware of HTC contact details in INdia and the escalation matrix, please share it here. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    It's not a problem with your phone, but most likely your network provider. Most networks are configured to give preference to their 3G/Data Network over their 2G/Voice network. The result of this is the minute you start browsing over 3G, you won't be contactable.

There is no solution unfortunately. Some networks have realised it's a problem and are changing (Vodafone UK), but you're stuck with it until your network changes things I'm afraid.

3. showstealer.pn

None

Jun 27, 2011
    hey, thanks for replying. I am not on 3G at all at the moment. Both my data pack and voice network is 2G, I am a Vodafone subscriber. I had a word with them and they told me that this is a handset driven problem. Also, I have been using a Blackberry befor buying this HTC and that fone was working fantastic. I heard accolades about Android and HTC Desire but I am not reachable using them, what's the use . . .

4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    No problem.

There's your answer then. If you don't have a 3G Connection and your voice/data is 2G, that's why noone is getting through. Your only connection is being used by the internet. It's similar to the dial up modem days, if your line was being used by your internet connection, no one would be able to call you.

Vodafone will always blame the handset, and I guarantee if you called HTC, they would blame Vodafone.

Blackberries use special APNs as far as I'm aware so that could be the reason the blackberry was fine and you're having an issue with the DHD.

Does it do the same over a WiFi connection?

5. springy

springy Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 31, 2010
    If you are on 2G, you cannot have data and phone calls at the same time. It is due to the limitation of the old network which just turned 20...

3G you should be able to web browse and receive calls at the same time.