1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Phone going from 3G to 1X constantly

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by niles08, Jan 10, 2013.

1. niles08

niles08 Lurker
    None

Jan 2, 2013
    I don't know if this is the place to ask this as I am a newbie to the forum but I am having problems with my Android PRO. Over the past few weeks it constantly goes from 3G to 1X while I am sitting in the same spot. I took it to verizon and they took off some apps that supposadly could be contributing to it such as words with friends and handcent messenger, although it wasn't doing it before with these apps and after leaving Verizon, it still seems to be doing the same thing. Does anybody have any advice on what to do with this? Are there any apps that help with reception? Is there something I possibly have on my phone that is causing this? Any help would be appreciated

Advertisement

2. T.M.M.L

T.M.M.L Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 20, 2010
    Ohio
    Greetings niles,

Welcome to the forum.

The apps that they removed from your phone, probably had very little to do with the issue.

When you were at the Verizon store, did it continue to shift like that?

I'm not familiar with your device, but I would suspect that its a radio/modem issue with your device. It may be that your in a weak signal area, and your phone is having trouble keeping a good 3g lock. A poor/weak modem in a phone will cause the shift between 3g & 1X.

You might look and see if a update was released for your device. Sometimes a firmware update can solve this problem. Also, you might try to see if they will give you a replacement. This might overcome your issues.

Hope this helps

3. valorian

valorian Android Expert
    None

Feb 15, 2011
    Male
    Northern Illinois
    You could try dialing *228 then select option 2 and update your phone's PRL. If Verizon made changes to your area's cell towers you may need a PRL update.

Verizon saying those apps may have caused the problem is BS. You can put those back on.