• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone hacked - Random photos appeared

CATIGERN

Lurker
May 12, 2015
Hello everyone,
I happened to open my phone yesterday, and strangely observed that the phone unlocked to the gallery screen, even though I had locked it to on the home screen. In my gallery I had few new photo folders added, with photos of some random chinese girls. Folders were named as 0c, 10, 1c, 5c, 84, 84, a2, af,c0, c7, cc, cd, cd, d9, f2. Every folder had one image in it. Of these, the two folders "84" had one of the images present in my phone. One of the folder "84" had the normal photo of me, and the other folder "84" had the same picture of me in a very small box in a flower. There were 2 other folders openapi and package. openapi had 2 images of a rocket. package had 8 images of wallpapers. All these images are PNG. The path of these images were like "/storage/emulated/0/tencent/MicroMsg/1f0ffe3db7a4eebc865da0c6ec719f40/avatar/0b/c7/user_hd_0bc7610f5de811a74cc53a3ac8fbee0f.png". I do not remember installing any new app except that I uninstalled Clash of Clans and reinstalled it. My phone is Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos - I9082 and the android version is Jelly Beans (4.2.2). I am really worried is my phone hacked or is this some sign of a virus? I also scanned my phone with avast and it did not detect anything suspicious. Any help would be highly appreciated.

I do not think so, can you suggest me a way to find out if I have any app by Tencent Technology.
P.S. - Update is that the pics now got randomly changed to something that cannot be opened. I am freaking out with these random changes happening in my phone. I have attached the image of the current file.
Screenshot_2015-05-13-02-08-59.png

Upvote 0
Good morning Funky, I saw you tagged me. :thumbsupdroid:

/tencent/MicroMsg/ that's Wechat, which is called Weixin here in China. Have you got that installed?

That Clash of the Clans, where did you install it from, Google Play or somewhere else. Because there's a lot of dodgy, pirated copies going around at the moment, that can do some rather bad things.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have the same issue. I saw a photo in my phone's gallery but i didn't recognize the person on it. I don't know where it came from and how it was sync to my phone. I can see the path of the photo but it doest tell me what app it came from. Can anyone teach me how to trace it? Is this a hacked photo or was it sent by a specific user? I have the photo and details available.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 3,707
Upvote 0
I have the same issue. I saw a photo in my phone's gallery but i didn't recognize the person on it. I don't know where it came from and how it was sync to my phone. I can see the path of the photo but it doest tell me what app it came from. Can anyone teach me how to trace it? Is this a hacked photo or was it sent by a specific user? I have the photo and details available.
What text- messenger apps do you have installed? As mike points out where were they installed from playstore or another app site? You can run addon detector to possibly see what app is pushing stuff to your phone. Also try /settings/apps - running and see what all is active then do a process of elimination. However the app may not always be active so it may be possible its not running when you check

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones