• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone had a rough day need some help.

mtfdben58

Jun 7, 2011
Ok my Evo 4g had a rough morning. It went swimming in my sink this morning. I immediatly grabbed it and removed the battery. Dried it off. To my suprose there was no water on the inside of the phone. It is in an otterbox and all the rubber was closed. Took it apart and noticed the the H2O strip on the inside had turned a little pink. The one on the battery looks brand new. Also after it was dried out and turned back on it works fine. Upgraded all the firmware and other updates. It is now running 2.3.3 I tried plugging into my laptop for pda net and it says USB device unknown. It charges fine just won't let me move pics or run pda net.. My question is was this from the swim or is this from the update. Any help would be great. Also I think i can run Pda net through Blue tooth. Is this true and if so any help on this would be great. Thank you for any help.

Ok my Evo 4g had a rough morning. It went swimming in my sink this morning. I immediatly grabbed it and removed the battery. Dried it off. To my suprose there was no water on the inside of the phone. It is in an otterbox and all the rubber was closed. Took it apart and noticed the the H2O strip on the inside had turned a little pink. The one on the battery looks brand new. Also after it was dried out and turned back on it works fine. Upgraded all the firmware and other updates. It is now running 2.3.3 I tried plugging into my laptop for pda net and it says USB device unknown. It charges fine just won't let me move pics or run pda net.. My question is was this from the swim or is this from the update. Any help would be great. Also I think i can run Pda net through Blue tooth. Is this true and if so any help on this would be great. Thank you for any help.

You might just have a little water in the USB connector, but if a phone gets wet, it's always best to completely dry it before even reinserting the battery. A single bit of water in the wrong place can do a lot of harm to an electronic device. And, if your moisture indicator shows it's been exposed to water, you won't have a flipper to stand on with the manufacturer.

I'd take the battery out immediately and put the phone in a bag of uncooked rice for 24-hours. That will suck whatever moisture there is out of the phone.

Upvote 0
Finally got it to work with no problems for like two days. Now I have to hold the cord just right to get it to charge or connect, But it will connect. Took it to sprint today and they tore it apart. Said the Micro usb is almost completely broke off. $35 and they ordered me a new one. Be here in a few days.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones