1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Phone had a rough day need some help.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mtfdben58, Jun 7, 2011.

1. mtfdben58

mtfdben58 Newbie
    None

Jun 7, 2011
    Ok my Evo 4g had a rough morning. It went swimming in my sink this morning. I immediatly grabbed it and removed the battery. Dried it off. To my suprose there was no water on the inside of the phone. It is in an otterbox and all the rubber was closed. Took it apart and noticed the the H2O strip on the inside had turned a little pink. The one on the battery looks brand new. Also after it was dried out and turned back on it works fine. Upgraded all the firmware and other updates. It is now running 2.3.3 I tried plugging into my laptop for pda net and it says USB device unknown. It charges fine just won't let me move pics or run pda net.. My question is was this from the swim or is this from the update. Any help would be great. Also I think i can run Pda net through Blue tooth. Is this true and if so any help on this would be great. Thank you for any help.

Advertisement

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!
    try doing a reboot and see if that helps. as far as bluetooth goes not sure with pda net. never used it.

3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    You might just have a little water in the USB connector, but if a phone gets wet, it's always best to completely dry it before even reinserting the battery. A single bit of water in the wrong place can do a lot of harm to an electronic device. And, if your moisture indicator shows it's been exposed to water, you won't have a flipper to stand on with the manufacturer.

I'd take the battery out immediately and put the phone in a bag of uncooked rice for 24-hours. That will suck whatever moisture there is out of the phone.

4. mtfdben58

mtfdben58 Newbie
    None

Jun 7, 2011
    Thanks i will try them both. It Is in a bag of rice now for the night and tomorrow. By reboot do you just mean a battery pull? if not can you give me a little more detail. Thanks again for the help.

5. ocnbrze

None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    los angeles
    try doing a soft reset. just power off wait 10 sec and turn the phone back on.

6. mtfdben58

mtfdben58 Newbie
    None

Jun 7, 2011
    Ok tried the reset and nothing, was in rice all day and nothing. Is it possible that it messed the usb up for tethering and data but not power?

7. ocnbrze

None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    los angeles
    this maybe a common thing with some people as i have seen another post with the same issue except for the swimming part (lol but not really). so it could be a OTA thing. i'm rooted so i do not have this issue. i think your only option maybe is to take it in and see if a sprint tech can help you out.

8. mtfdben58

mtfdben58 Newbie
    None

Jun 7, 2011
    Finally got it to work with no problems for like two days. Now I have to hold the cord just right to get it to charge or connect, But it will connect. Took it to sprint today and they tore it apart. Said the Micro usb is almost completely broke off. $35 and they ordered me a new one. Be here in a few days.

Tags: