• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone hangs and sometimes hard-locks after 4.3 update. Anyone else?

OrangeJuice

Dec 19, 2013
SUP INTERNET

Concurrently with updating to 4.3, I messed around with a bunch of stupid sideloaded apps and unsupported nonsense.

Also beginning at this time, I've started having "hangs," lasting about 30 seconds, and occasionally hard lock-ups, such that my phone does not respond to any command under any circumstances (I waited once for several hours), and I have to take out the battery and stuff to regain control.

The hangs occur about once every 1-2 days, while the lock-ups occur about once every two weeks. Incidentally, I have only encountered these while using google apps (maps, chrome).

I'm trying to tease out whether my dabbling in sideloaded apps and unsupported nonsense has caused these annoyances, or whether this is par for the course with the 4.3 update. So, what are you guys experiencing?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones