• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone has a ton of lag after unlock screen, help!

sarspants

Nov 7, 2009
If I let my phone sleep long enough to go into a "deep sleep" it is very slow after I unlock it. For example, my phone has been in my pocket for a half of an hour and then I get a new text message. I turn on the screen, and slide to unlock, but I can't pull down the notification bar for about 10 seconds or so, I have to wait for the analog clock to set the right time (which it lags through) and then it's fine after that. I don't have this problem if I lock it then unlock it right away.

I tried doing a soft reset to no avail. I am using the back button to "quit" applications. I downloaded taskkiller and this is what's running (The ones in bold are the only ones I've opened since the last soft reset):

IM
NFL Mobile Live
Footprints
The Weather Channel
Clock
Calendar
GMail
Twidroid
Settings
Google Voice
vizBattery
Mail
Locale
Market
Advanced Task Killer Free

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones