1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phone has no signal, MiFi does

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by javasirc, Apr 16, 2012.

1. javasirc

javasirc Well-Known Member

So ive been using a MiFi2200 for over a year. It does very well. The only thing i didnt like was carrying it and my iPod with me in my pocket. I didnt like carrying 2 devices around, so i decided to upgrade my basic phone to a smart phone, and get rid of the MiFi.

Less than 2 weeks ago, i got my Razr Maxx. I still have my MiFi activated just until May 2nd. Right now i am in Hannibal, MO. There are no Verizon towers here, so i am roaming. My MiFi devices has the slightest of connection. It takes about 20 seconds to load a web page such as this one. My phone has no connection whatsoever.

Fortunately since i still have MiFi service for the rest of this month, i am able to connect my phone to it via WiFi. If my MiFi had already ran out of service, i would be stuck with no data service for the next 2 days.

I tried calling *228 on my phone, it doesnt help. Is there anyway to boost my connection (or get a connection at all) or are the Razr Maxx's reception simply worst than the MiFi device's?

Edit: Ive noticed this a lot. I drove from Laredo, TX to Hannibal, MO. Going through Oklahoma and Missouri, Razr Maxx was constantly losing complete connection, and often phone connection as well, while MiFi was still holding a low connection.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download