1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Phone heating up

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bangy15, May 11, 2012.

1. Bangy15

Bangy15 Lurker
    None

May 11, 2012
    Hi !! I bought a Xperia S last week. The phone, i feel is heating up frequently. I can feel it getting lil warm on the areas near the camera ( backside). Even if i am running only one application ( game or music player or camera) i can still feel the body getting warm. Is any one facing the same issue?? Me from INDIA

Advertisement

2. EManU3LXX

EManU3LXX Android Enthusiast
    None

are you overclocking? If performance isn't being affected, and you aren't overclocking, I wouldn't worry about it. If you run CPU intensive apps, or you constantly charge, heating up will happen too... other than that.. idk lol... :dontknow:
    If it's a big problem, I would consider an undervolted kernel.. but I don't own thi phone, so idk if any are available...

3. jonmorris

jonmorris Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 6, 2010
    Journalist
    UK
    There's a service called 'Overheat control' that you can see running with a task manager, so I'd say that it's being monitored and you should be okay.

If it got too hot to be safe, that service would presumably do something about it (not sure what - maybe activate the hidden aircon unit?!)

4. wooks63

wooks63 Well-Known Member
    None

May 2, 2010
    London, UK
    I get this with certain games (Angry Birds Space in particular) and I guess that this area is where the graphics chip is located.

Never really worried me.

5. Yahoo4U

Yahoo4U Lurker
    None

Jun 11, 2012
    Guys. Just disable the push from the email sittings and make it every 1 hour.