1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phone home app with fingerprint scan, front/rear images, and GPS location

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gzrecoil, Feb 21, 2011.

1. gzrecoil

gzrecoil Member

Now that our Atrix has a fingerprint scanner, is there any app that once activated logs fingerprints, takes front & rear images from cameras, as well as provides GPS location?

Fingerprint scanner being the big one, it would be awesome to send someones fingerprints and photos to the cops if your device is stolen.

Advertisement

2. gzrecoil

gzrecoil Member

Bump for hoping a developer will see

3. next_release

next_release Newbie

I am a law abiding citizen but the thought of the possibilities for abuse on this sends shivers down my spine... I'm considering not activating the fingerprint scanner.

4. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery

I don't think devs are be able to do anything until Moto release the source codes for the Atrix since the finger scanner is not something that would be in the Android SDK, which is what developers use to make their apps.

5. next_release

next_release Newbie

At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy nutcase - I am. Follow the money because where there is money to be made there is someone willing to take it - usually without regard for anyone else's well-being... It's being built into the OS's like Motoblur and anything Google.

6. gzrecoil

gzrecoil Member

I am a nutcase too. I would like to go over any code to make sure it does not have access to the fingerprint scanner unless activated however. Thanks guys.

Motorola Atrix 4G Forum

The Motorola Atrix 4G release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H processor, and 1930mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews