1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

phone in water

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Android Question

None
    so i dropped my samsung galaxcy s4 in the toilet, when i got it out it seemed to be fine untill i turned it on, and a downloading ' do not turn off traget' sign came up, what do i do? and is there any way of fixing it myself.

Advertisement

2. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Android Expert
    None

Oct 27, 2011
    business owner
    SoCal
    It might just be a coincidence. That is the message you'll receive when the phone is receiving an OTA (over-the-air-update). I would just turn off the screen and let it sit for awhile.

3. thebrightpink

thebrightpink Lurker
    None

Jan 26, 2014
    I dropped my HTC One in the toilet, and it's not working at all. Does anyone know how to make it work again?

It was in the toilet for a second or two. I then took it out immediately and turned it off, wiped off any excess water, and left it in a bowl of rice, rotating it every few hours, for 48 hours. I have tried to turn it on this morning, but have had no luck. The screen is just blank, and the phone does not react when I put the charger in. The led green light doesn't come on to say it's charging, and neither a laptop of computer are recognising it when I plug it in. Does anyone have any idea what's wrong with it, or is it just completely dead? It's a new phone on contract, and I really can't afford to get a new phone. Or does anyone have any idea how much it would cost to repair it?

Any advice or tips would be really appreciated!