1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

phone in water

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Android Question

so i dropped my samsung galaxcy s4 in the toilet, when i got it out it seemed to be fine untill i turned it on, and a downloading ' do not turn off traget' sign came up, what do i do? and is there any way of fixing it myself.

2. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Android Expert

It might just be a coincidence. That is the message you'll receive when the phone is receiving an OTA (over-the-air-update). I would just turn off the screen and let it sit for awhile.

3. thebrightpink

thebrightpink Lurker

I dropped my HTC One in the toilet, and it's not working at all. Does anyone know how to make it work again?

It was in the toilet for a second or two. I then took it out immediately and turned it off, wiped off any excess water, and left it in a bowl of rice, rotating it every few hours, for 48 hours. I have tried to turn it on this morning, but have had no luck. The screen is just blank, and the phone does not react when I put the charger in. The led green light doesn't come on to say it's charging, and neither a laptop of computer are recognising it when I plug it in. Does anyone have any idea what's wrong with it, or is it just completely dead? It's a new phone on contract, and I really can't afford to get a new phone. Or does anyone have any idea how much it would cost to repair it?

Any advice or tips would be really appreciated!