• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help phone in wet pocket for 2 hours, flash light constantly on?

lkg88

Lurker
Jan 3, 2015
Please can someone help.

My phone was in my (what I thought was waterproof!) coat whilst out in the rain for 2 hours. When I got my phone out the case seemed damp & the phone had turned itself off, I foolishly tried to turn it back on, then clicked that maybe it was wet! I removed the back and the back of phone, inc battery & SIM card - which were dry as day. Confused I attempted to turn it on again, it loaded the samsung welcome screen and the flash light came on, and stayed on. This is all that happened. Since then I have removed the battery & SIM and I have been trying to dry it all day, it has been in the airing cupboard. The only condensation is in the camera lense (front and back). It has been drying now for 8 hours, I have turned it back on and it seemed to be loading, but the screen froze & flash light came back on...

Is there anything else I should be/can be doing? Or am I just wasting my time.

Thanks

Try sticking it in a jar of dessicant (e.g. uncooked rice) for a couple of days to draw the moisture out. And keep it turned-off and battery removed in the meanwhile.

You need to dry it thoroughly before turning on. I lost an Ericsson T68 exactly this way a decade ago: was in a pocket which wasn't as waterproof as I thought when I spent a day in the Brecons, and I didn't dry it thoroughly enough before trying to use it again (I left it overnight in a warm place, as that was all I had available, but it wasn't enough).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones