• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone insurance got me an X2

Last night I decided to take a swim... with my droid x. When I went on the asurion website to make my claim, they said they no longer offered Droid X replacements, and that my alternative was a Droid2XStandard. The picture was of a Droid 2. I became very confused. I knew they wouldn't give me a Droid X2, and I didn't want a Droid 2. I called up customer service and told her I wanted my Droid X, and not a Droid 2. I told her they also shouldn't label it as a DroidX2 standard, which would confuse people. She said it was just an error and that I would get a refurbished Droid X with a 2gb SD card in the mail the next day. I hung up and hoped for the best. The next day I came home from work at lunch and received the best. I got a brand new DroidX2. I'm not sure if it was by mistake, but paying $99 for my claim seemed a lot better with a new dual-core phone. I'm very happy.

Wait, insurance pays for a wet phone? I thought that wasn't covered.

Insurance does. Warranty doesn't. Insurance just allows you to get replacements no matter what, but you still have to pay around $90, which is what I had to pay, including 5 bucks a month. Still worth it compared to paying full price for a new phone.

Upvote 0
@Drayton great to hear that you got an upgrade from Asurion ;) How are you liking your new DX2?

I definitely notice a speed increase, but the screen looks awful compared to the Droid X. It doesn't seem to handle colors too well and parts of it look splotchy. Other than that, it's great. I'll love it even more when it gets upgraded to gingerbread.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones