1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Phone is 6 days old... Completely dead...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ranger374V, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Ranger374V

Ranger374V Lurker
    None

Jun 11, 2010
    I went through the standard 8 hours of charging before using my phone, and have noticed since I got it (Last thursday) that it was slowly losing power regardless of how long I let it charge. As of this morning, it was completely dead, and will not charge.

After talking to 3 different "CSR"s with VZW, I finally got them to to replace the battery. They were insistent on replacing the phone and having me keep the battery. They wanted me to wait for 4 weeks (delivery is now July 14th as of 4PM EST today... it probably already changed) for a new phone. Also, they don't have any batteries to replace mine, so I have to wait a few days for that too.

I can't believe how poorly they prepared for this phone release... I don't care if it's HTC's fault or Verizon's, but this is pretty busch league.

Advertisement

2. Outatime

Outatime Android Expert

Mar 6, 2010
    Male
    Fed
    Yeah I agree the release could have been better. I will be curious to see if the battery fixes your issue. Let us know...

3. Ranger374V

Ranger374V Lurker
    None

Jun 11, 2010
    I will definitely post once I get a new battery. They let me try a battery in store today, and it turned on. She also had my phone out back for 20 minutes while she was getting a spare battery (which they didn't have in stock???????) so she could have messed with my phone... I don't mean to sound paranoid, but I've lost almost all trust with them over the last year.

I'm sure the new battery will work fine, I just don't want to deal with the "break in" period again.

4. elrabin

elrabin Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 3, 2010
    Have them give you a Touch Pro 2, Eris or Imagio battery.

They're all compatible.

5. Ranger374V

Ranger374V Lurker
    None

Jun 11, 2010
    I got the new battery today... Atleast the phone will charge now. We will see around 6 PM EST if it's working again. I won't know much for another few days. I still can't believe that they don't have "spare" phones set aside in case they need to replace them under WARRANTY. Even if you kept .1% of the phones for warranty purposes, you could make a lot of people happy.

6. tbdaly

tbdaly Member
    None

Mar 29, 2010
    FL
    Agreed, this phone sold 100,000 units in the first 2 days, what the hell were they thinking.

7. Ranger374V

Ranger374V Lurker
    None

Jun 11, 2010
    Well, I let the phone charge for almost 9 hours today. I turned it on to reactivate it, and BOOM, dead battery. After talking to Verizon, they are saying that I definitely have a bad phone. So they want me to wait over a month for a replacement. I'm pretty disappointed with this whole ordeal. Verizon is gonna get some pretty bad phone calls from me tomorrow

8. WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz Android Expert
    None

Apr 18, 2010
    San Diego
    I totally understand your frustration, but what are the "bad phone calls" going to accomplish? They can't give you what they don't have. I would save myself more frustration and not even call. But whatever floats your boat.

9. nickreich

nickreich Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 14, 2010
    Lifeguard
    Orlando, Florida
    Word on the street is, people are getting inconvenience credit towards their bill.

10. WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz Android Expert
    None

Apr 18, 2010
    San Diego
    I guess that would make it worth calling. I stand corrected.

11. maddoxrs

maddoxrs Newbie
    None

May 25, 2010
    Indiana
    I have experienced this issue. Day 3 of having my phone I shut it down to reboot cause things were getting slow and it wouldnt come back on. It would not charge wouldnt come on, nothing. I was ticked so I went to bed the next day still nothing. I removed the battery serveral times and nothing worked. Finally I must have held it just right cause it came back on. I havent shut it down since. Wondering if I should try to return it.

12. dragonsamus

dragonsamus Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 24, 2010
    retail... bleh
    Sacramento, CA
    Wow. Sorry to hear you have to wait a month for a new phone. What will you use in the mean time???

13. Ranger374V

Ranger374V Lurker
    None

Jun 11, 2010
    Update as of today- I finally found someone that would help me and understood my frustration. It took about 6 calls to get a supervisor since my phone died until today. The original CSR is spoke with understood my situation and explained that he didn't have the authority to do what I asked. The supervising CSR is sending me a replacement DInc. overnighted to arrive tomorrow morning for free. She also ordered a brand new one from HTC for me that I will receive by July 18th. Finally some progress!!