1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Phone is asking for PIN when I change my sim in another country?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hoy, Aug 30, 2017.

1. hoy

hoy Lurker
    None

Jul 27, 2011
    Hi guys, any help would be great, I had my phone in another country (Taiwan to be exact) and I wanted to use the prepaid sim of Taiwan (I'm from the Philippines by the way), the phone works right and properly in my country but somehow when I loaded the sim from the carrier from Taiwan my phone asks me for something like a PIN number or something and then it doesn't proceed to any menu... as far as I recall that's the problem. Any information on why that is? Is my phone locked for my country's carrier or something? Any help to get rid of that PIN number do I need to get my phone rooted to disable that function? Thanks.

Advertisement

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    More details needed I think, if necessary post a screen-shot so we possibly see the exact problem and help more. But it sounds like the phone might be SIM-locked. Was it supplied by a Philippines carrier with either a contract or prepaid? For that you'd need to contact the whatever it is Philippines carrier and get their unlock code.

It could indeed the prepaid Taiwan SIM needs to be activated, like possibly there's a scratch-card that should be supplied with it that reveals the PIN code, or you might have to contact the Taiwan carrier about that.