• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help phone is booting up but restarting over and over

scott240

May 31, 2012
So I have been running roms on my phone sine I got it and haven't really had any problems except for the occasional restart. So we just got 4g up here, well at my work not where I live. Yesterday all day my phone would just shut off then start up, and it seemed to restart when it connected to 4g. It only has problems when on 4g, as soon as I hit 4g today my phone restarted. At work today I could tell it was "boot looping" because my pocket would get so hot from my phone.I did a wipe and factory reset, tried a different kernel and rom. But even today after thati dtill get the restarts which I have to do a battery pull or sneak a boot in to recovery if I can

LTE uses more battery and more effort to connect, ergo its going to warm that device up proper. If you're on LTE 24/7,I'd consider using an app like Juice defender that can cut the data connection when the screen is off. Besides the battery savings, it tends to keep my phone cooler.

Most reboots on this device are from overheating or apps, so I keep that in mind when I use it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones