• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone is continious sync mode? any ideas how to fix this?

JMac202

Android Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2010
I just got my replacement Evo from Asurion. It was brand new in the box.

Ever since I got it yesterday it been continually syncing. I have the little circular arrows on my notification bar all the time and it's killing my battery. Anyone have any ideas? I changed all the settings in my phone like I had them in my previous one.

I have FB set to sync once a day and weather turned off. The only one running is the google one. Even when I turn auto sync off it still shows.

After. Weeks of no issues I am having this issue. Google sync is locking up my sync ....sometimes it is calendar...others it is contacts...and now gmail. It doesn't seem to drain the battery horribly but my snails are not syncing and my up vs awake are equal. Cpu usage is 100% used by accounts and sync

What I have tried:
Disabling sync...still stuck
Reboot...stays off until sync is turned. On then stuck
Battery pull..same as above
Airplane mode...stuck until reboot
Uninstalled and reinstalled gmail....still stuck

Not using exchange so that isn't it. Going to try clearing cache next

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones