1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General phone is defaulting to speakerphone for calls

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pullenj, Jan 10, 2012.

1. pullenj

pullenj Lurker
    None

Sep 9, 2010
    My rezound has decided that it wants to default to speakerphone for incoming and outgoing calls. it is driving me crazy! I read that it could be associated with an app but the only app I can think of is google voice and mine is set to listen through the handset. Any ideas to make this stop?
    Thanks!

Advertisement

2. tproctor

tproctor Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 18, 2010
    R&D Technician
    Pampa, Tx
    It almost has to be an app causing it. I don't see anywhere on the stock call settings to change it to speakerphone (unless you flip it over). I would try uninstalling google voice and see if it goes away.

3. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2010
    Male
    New England
    A few different things can cause it. Back in August the GoSMS app would cause it and be back to normal upon uninstall. Try doing a shutdown and battery pull before rebooting.

4. ocyberbum

ocyberbum Newbie
    None

Jan 3, 2012
    chesapeake
    i just had this problem show up after i started using a car dock and the phone weaver app. I did a reboot when it started happening and that didn't work for me but i think my problem was/is the car dock software running in the back ground (car home ultra) or Phone Weaver switching to the car profiles at the same time and conflicting the setting when i remove it from the dock.. i think tproctor is right in it being a software problem

Tags: