1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

phone is dieing....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Crazy_J, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Crazy_J

Crazy_J Well-Known Member

Ok so my warranty has been over for about two months, and now my phone seems to be dieing. Its a refurb, headphone Jack cuts out on its own and now the camera will not focus. I called Verizon hoping my dates were wrong, the first Rep I talked to said oh yes your still under warranty, my heart begain to race, she transferred me to tech support where I was on hold for 20+ minutes and another call came in. It was Verizon's how'd we do hotline, I went to exit that call and poof both calls were gone. I recalled and waited another 40+ minutes for a tech support agent. When one finally picked up, she was surprisingly nice, and cheerful. I told about issues I'm having and she said if your still under warranty those are covered. Again I became happy as I was already told I was still under warranty, only to be told my warranty was no longer in effect. She said she was very sorry a bunch of times and tried to sell me a certified like new d1 for $248. I told her no. She told me she would check with her supervisor and call me back if she could find a way to push it through. Then told me I might be able to get an early upgrade. This seems like a bunch of BS to me. I need a phone with a working camera... does anyone have any ideas?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=

Hello Crazy_J.

If I were in that situation I would not hesitate to take the device to a Verizon store and kindly explain the problems with it and then let them look at it.

Most often they'll exchange it for another. But if I had a refurb, as you say, I'd push for another phone altogether, even though we've seen reports in here of users having success with the 2nd or 3rd exchange/refurb.

The warranty expiration puts the advantage to them. I'm surprised there was disagreement about that with tech support when you called (them telling you your warranty was still valid, then telling you otherwise).

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews