• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Phone is hosed

Granite1

Zercron Encrusted Tweezer
Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
I have no idea what happened, phone won't make or receive calls, period. I've tried everything, reflashing my Rom, cache wipes, prl/profile updates, I even reflashed my firmware. Nothing.

Called Sprint with my wife's OG EVO, they did a bunch of epst stuffs, nothing. Phone absolutely will not reconnect to the network. :(

I'm out of ideas at this point. :(

Ok, manually reset via epst, did a hands free activation, failed again. :(

But I was able to get a prl and data profile update to take finally. I now have 3G data back, but no calls in or out still. :(

This is what I'm getting:
uploadfromtaptalk1374518742817.jpg

Upvote 0
When I switched to my LTEvo I gave my mom my OG, I kept getting the "network is busy" every time I tried to activate it (the OG.) Sprint customer service couldn't figure it out, I just kept playing with stuff until I finally got it to work. For the life of me I can't remember how I fixed it. I think it was something like changing roaming to Sprint Only and/or turning on then off airplane mode or something else fairly random that didn't really make sense but forced the phone to change the cellular connection. I have been racking my brain trying to remember what I did, but I just cannot recall exactly what it was. I think because it didn't really make sense why it worked...
Sucks you can't get it working, but hey, who wants to get calls on vacation anyway :)

Upvote 0
Just got off the phone with Sprint again, they're sending me a replacement. The towers are fine here, and no one else is reporting issues, so they're replacing it, for free. :)

I guess this one was a lemon from the beginning, just lurking. O well. At least we have S-off for the latest hboot in case it comes with that one. We'll see.

Upvote 0
Just got off the phone with Sprint again, they're sending me a replacement. The towers are fine here, and no one else is reporting issues, so they're replacing it, for free. :)

I guess this one was a lemon from the beginning, just lurking. O well. At least we have S-off for the latest hboot in case it comes with that one. We'll see.

nice!!!!!!! i would recommend moonshine as it seems the easiest now....hopefully you will not have to though.......LOL

Upvote 0
did i miss something? when did you get an s3 rxpert? LOL

Decemberish?

I had them both for quite a while, and ended up selling the LTEVO sometime in the spring because it had a screen yellowing defect. My parents also upgraded to the S3, and it was a lot easier providing tech support from 6 hours away when I had one to work with.

I regret it big time :(. The build quality isnt there, the screen isnt as nice, and the camera isnt as nice. But I can say I tried Sammy. Back to HTC I'll go for the next phone

Anyway, this is really strange that its happening on multiple devices around the same time. I've seen multiple reports on XDA of this happening to people on the s3 side.

Upvote 0
So it's happening to multiple phones?

I wonder if it's a network thing, or if it's a phone thing?

I'm home now, and the phone makes calls fine now. I no longer have data, won't connect 3G at all.

I wonder if Sprint is having provisioning problems?

Yeah they replaced the first 2. I should get the 3rd s3 either tomorrow or Wednesday. I'm not going to do anything other than sign into Google play for at least a week

Reactions: Granite1
Upvote 0
I'm having a weird issue with my phone. I can send text messages but I can't receive them. I still can make calls and 3g works fine. Only issue is receiving texts. I've just been using google voice but its getting annoying (also mms don't work)

I was on the newest pacman rom when it started two days ago. Went to a stock rom. Still having the same issue. Updated profile and prl but still no texts. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones