• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone is In between Carriers

So I decided to switch my wife's phone from Consumer Cellular to Visible. Ordered the SIM. It came this morning. checked with Visible and they advised to download their app to the phone, install the SIM and boot the phone. Now the phone showed no service. Checked Consumer Cellular account, and it was disabled. Contacted Visible and they did a bunch of digital mumbling and advised me the phone would not activate because Consumer cellular had deactivated the phone, and it needed to be active. Consumer Cellular did the deactivation on the request of Visible, not me. Am I wrong to be pissed? Any ideas on a solution that will keep the same number?

you have a right to be pissed....but i see no answer that you can do on your end. you need to talk to your provider as well as your former one to get this straightened out.

Agreed. You'll love this. I called Consumer Cellular and they said no problem, we'll reactivate it and you will be pro-rated charged for the number of days it takes Visible to pull the number across, probably one or two days. Then they said, Whoa! Whatever Visible did took that number too far down the pipe, and we can no longer access it, we no longer own the number. So now I'm headed back to Visible to see what the heck is going on.

Reactions: MrJavi and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Agreed. You'll love this. I called Consumer Cellular and they said no problem, we'll reactivate it and you will be pro-rated charged for the number of days it takes Visible to pull the number across, probably one or two days. Then they said, Whoa! Whatever Visible did took that number too far down the pipe, and we can no longer access it, we no longer own the number. So now I'm headed back to Visible to see what the heck is going on.
what a cluster f_ck this is. i'm sorry you are having this much trouble.....i'm glad i do not have to deal with those as my carrier options....good luck and keep us posted.

Reactions: Dannydet and MrJavi
Upvote 0
what a cluster f_ck this is. i'm sorry you are having this much trouble.....i'm glad i do not have to deal with those as my carrier options....good luck and keep us posted.

Latest: chatted with a rep from Visible. Told her what Consumer Cellular told me about the number being too far down the pipe, and she agreed, told me she could see what happened, and it would require a manual activation, which should take place in the next 24 hours. Meanwhile, Consumer Cellular turned my account back on, then off again when they realized they couldn't get to the number, and promptly charged me $26. This is so awesome! But, it's worth it. Currently, my only means of internet access is a slow AF AT&T DSL line. With us getting rid of Direct TV and going to streaming tv, the overage charges on the DSL have jumped to $200 a month. Visible gives you actual unlimited streaming data, off Verizon's network.

Reactions: ocnbrze and MrJavi
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones