• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone is more responsive on 1x then "3g".

MyUsernameRox

Android Enthusiast
Jan 5, 2012
San Luis Obispo, CA
I've noticed that when my phone is in 1x mode, if I get the little white up/down arrows icon it's quite fast and responsive, even with no "signal" bars - almost as fast as when I'm in a wifi spot. Yet when it's in so-called "3G" mode, it's noticeably slower.

Is there any way to set it so that it stays on 1x? Do you guys advise doing this?

If there is a pre-existing thread I apologize and would appreciate being linked to same. I just didn't want to look through 21 pages of threads while on my phone.

lol @ "then" typo in title. >.<

There you go :)https://market.android.com/details?id=net.andirc.lteonfoff
Set it to "cdma only" it also saves battery since you're not switching between 1x and 3g all the time.
And yeah I have the same problem, but its just where I live I guess the 3g is not implemented that well here so I can't get data whatsoever often when on 3g and it usually just switched back to 1x, but in orlando I can get good data on 3g

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones