1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Phone is not turning on

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by imk79, Sep 20, 2011.

1. imk79

imk79 Lurker
    None

Sep 19, 2011
    Hello All,

I have tried to update my captivate on gingerbread via this guide.

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/...ung-captivate/

All is going well and odin was updating the firmware then suddenly my phone screen goes white and odin is stucked at the progress. After waiting 20 mins I uplugged the phone and after that my phone is not turning on nothing is happening and its seems like its dead. Any solution or help in this or there is no hope to work it again ?

Thanks in advance.

Imran

Advertisement

2. davep13

davep13 Member
    None

Apr 7, 2011
    Texas
    Link was dead when I clicked on it. Try and see if you can still get into download mode, if you can then the problem is fixable. If you're able to get into DL mode, use Odin to flash back to stock and try updating to gingerbread again. You can find some easy instructions on XDA.

3. imk79

imk79 Lurker
    None

Sep 19, 2011
    its not going into the DL mode I tried alot but phone is not giving any response :(

4. davep13

davep13 Member
    None

Apr 7, 2011
    Texas
    If your button combos aren't working, you'll probably have to try a jig and see if that works and gets you into DL mode.

Also what exactly were you the steps you were taking in the GB installation process and what were you doing when it bricked? Could be able to find out what went wrong in the upgrade.

5. xThaNaturalx

xThaNaturalx Member
    None

Aug 23, 2010
    Student
    East Lansing
    I had this problem once when my cable fell out while I was using Odin. The phone was completely unresponsive to anything you could try.

The way that worked for me was to pull out the SIM, SD, and battery. Leave the battery out for about 10 minutes, then put it back in, hold down volume up and down, and plug in the USB cable and re-run Odin. This worked for me. Hope it works for you too.