1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phone is operating over apps (?)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by supertech, Jul 6, 2020.

1. supertech

supertech Newbie

My sister and I both have Moto G7 Power phones. Recently she was upgraded from Android 9 to 10 (I haven't received that yet). Today she got a message that, "Phone is operating over apps. Do you want this to continue?". We've never seen this before on any phone. Has anyone ever seen this message before?

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

It doesn't actually make any grammatical sense, but no, after using Android 10 for a year (and every Android version since 2.1 with the exception of 6) I've never seen or heard of this message.

I assume it's referring to the Phone app rather than the phone in some abstract sense, but what "operating over apps" might mean I cannot figure out. What was she doing with the phone at the time?

ocnbrze and svim like this.
  3. supertech

supertech Newbie

Hadron, thanks for responding. I agree completely that the message makes no sense and certainly isn't specific enough to be helpful. Unfortunately Sister doesn't recall exactly what she had open/was doing at the time the message appeared. I've asked her to be on the lookout for any recurrence and to immediately take note of what she was doing, etc. We'll see. Maybe it will never appear again.

ocnbrze and Hadron like this.

moto g(7) power Forum

The moto g(7) power release date was February 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.2" inch screen, 12MP camera, 3/4GB RAM, Snapdragon 632 processor, and 5000mAh battery.

February 2019
Release Date
Reviews