• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone is operating over apps (?)

It doesn't actually make any grammatical sense, but no, after using Android 10 for a year (and every Android version since 2.1 with the exception of 6) I've never seen or heard of this message.

I assume it's referring to the Phone app rather than the phone in some abstract sense, but what "operating over apps" might mean I cannot figure out. What was she doing with the phone at the time?

Reactions: ocnbrze and svim
Upvote 0
Hadron, thanks for responding. I agree completely that the message makes no sense and certainly isn't specific enough to be helpful. Unfortunately Sister doesn't recall exactly what she had open/was doing at the time the message appeared. I've asked her to be on the lookout for any recurrence and to immediately take note of what she was doing, etc. We'll see. Maybe it will never appear again.

Reactions: ocnbrze and Hadron
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones