1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Phone is rooted, still can't make calls

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by red120, Apr 24, 2012.

1. red120

red120 Lurker

Did the root as per forum instructions, tested with Root Checker and it verifies the phone is rooted.

I'm trying to leave MetroPCS and go to T-Mobile. Have pre-paid the account and activated it. Still getting "Service Disabled" when using the T-Mobile sim.

Are there any additional steps that I need to take? Would be great if anyone can assist.

Advertisement

2. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS

huh? ?? u can't use a T-Mobile sim card lg esteem doesn't use sim cards that little card is a 4g LTE card :thinking:

3. red120

red120 Lurker

Snap.. it's not the same card? Thought it was the same since it looked the same, and T-Mobile brand was T-Mobile 4G.

So I would need a new phone?

4. mrpnut

well first ur making a mistake bye leaving the esteem family lmao, nah j/k u could c if they could flash that phone to T-Mobile that's the only way :hello:

5. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Extreme Android User

That's not a SIM card homie. lol

That's a UICC card.

Finally. T-Mobile? Really? :pcguru:

6. red120

red120 Lurker

Haha, they're cheap as hell. 30 bucks a month for unlimited data / text.

That, and I keep getting yelled at for MetroPCS getting me texts like 5 hours late.

Goddamn, guess I gotta get a new phone then. Ha.. feels stupid :D

7. mrpnut

think about it that's how metro started off 30 unlimited ,u think T-Mobile is not gonna raised there prices pretty soon once they do u gonna come back to metro lol ;)

8. red120

red120 Lurker

Yeah, I believe it.. haha.. but if the service is better that's aight. I'll try it out anyways.

9. ChazzMatt

ChazzMatt Android Enthusiast

Plus the fact that T-Mobile doesn't have LTE (yet) nor CDMA. The Esteem is an LTE + CDMA phone.

10. eljefe0000

eljefe0000 Android Enthusiast

gosh darnit i gotta change my underwear again the topic on this thread had me rollin for a good while but that plan dont sound bad just 100 min. to talk tho thats rough

11. reilus

reilus Android Enthusiast

lmfao; they can change the numbers but they have to do it with some barcode scanner or something. Good luck.

Tags: