• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Phone is slow....

bidzer

Aug 11, 2011
Hey All,

My triumph is 2 years old and has been through the ROM ringer a lot :) For some reason now, any rom i install seems sluggish. Everything from Froyo, CM, and PA. I've formatted the sdcard thinking it may be corrupt or fragmented but no improvement.

The roms run off of internal memory correct? Is there a way to format the internal memory of the triumph to essentially start clean? Maybe this is a way of my Triumph saying I need an upgrade :)

Thanks,
Bidzer

did you remember to redo your over-clocking settings, cause if you have been over-clocking then go back to the stock speed it will seem slow

That's usually the first thing on the list when I throw a new rom on :) I run at 1.5Ghz. It's weird. My wireless throughput on this device is horrible compared any other wireless G connection. Thanks for the reply.

Upvote 0
Hey All,

My triumph is 2 years old and has been through the ROM ringer a lot :) For some reason now, any rom i install seems sluggish. Everything from Froyo, CM, and PA. I've formatted the sdcard thinking it may be corrupt or fragmented but no improvement.

The roms run off of internal memory correct? Is there a way to format the internal memory of the triumph to essentially start clean? Maybe this is a way of my Triumph saying I need an upgrade :)

Thanks,
Bidzer

When you flash most of the ROMs it formats /system and when you do the factory reset you format /data and /cache. Have you tried a known good ROM? That would be my first suggestion. And don't put any other apps on it until you get a chance to test it out.

Upvote 0
When you flash most of the ROMs it formats /system and when you do the factory reset you format /data and /cache. Have you tried a known good ROM? That would be my first suggestion. And don't put any other apps on it until you get a chance to test it out.

I'm going to install VM-Revamp and see how performance is. Thanks for responding.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones