1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Phone is Stuck

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by carter6739, Jul 14, 2013.

1. carter6739

carter6739 Member

My phone is stuck at the splash screen, I tried to flash different roms but they all only boot to splash screen. This happened after trying to restore my stock back up, I am s-off and bootloader unlocked. Any advice??

Advertisement

2. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

Please give us the information from the bootloader screen especially what hboot that you're currently on, the stock rom will only work with 1.57 or 1.58, if you've downgraded to run JB you'll have to flash a compatible hboot and clear cache before flashing the stock rom.
    OB

Brian706 likes this.
  3. carter6739

carter6739 Member

My hboot is 1.50

4. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

Yeah to flash a stock rom you have to change your hboot to 1.57, download and instructions are here: http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=5210029
    Also remember to wipe cache after flashing to avoid bootloops. Let us know how you make out. :D
    OB

Brian706 likes this.
  5. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

And also also remember not to skip the part where you verify the md5 checksum. If you get a bad bootloader flash, you're gonna have a bad time.

You can recover from nearly anything with this phone. It's almost impossible to permanently brick this thing. But without a functioning bootloader there's literally nothing you can do. You definitely want to take the 30 seconds or so to make sure you got a good download :)

OverByter likes this.
  6. carter6739

carter6739 Member

still stuck tried to flash stock ruu zip in bootloader and it said bad cid?? also tried to flash different rom (ics) no go

7. chilz

chilz Well-Known Member

someone tell me the shortcut keys to get into bootloader my phone is 1.57 soff and stuck on splash screan i just need to get into bootloader to fix it but dont know what keys to hold when booting

8. Revenant Ghost

Revenant Ghost Android Expert

Hold volume down and power as it boots.

9. chilz

chilz Well-Known Member

got it and fixed crazy all of the sudden it just started bootlooping on my bike ride when i was listening to music like normal maybe heat did it since its 94 degrees and i went 26 miles