1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phone is unusable

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by unusablephone, Jul 27, 2019.

1. unusablephone

unusablephone Lurker

Kind of a strange issue: any time I try to open any app on my phone, my phone immediately returns to the first page of my home screen. I can't open the options, make calls or text, or even scroll to the second page of my home screen- it just immediately returns to the first page of home. Interestingly, I can access the drop-down menu, but if I pick any setting and tap on "more settings" or click the gear to access the options I just get immediately sent back to the home screen. Prior to this issue occurring, I had just updated my eset security app, so I have a feeling that it's somehow responsible, but I'm not sure how to test this hypothesis or fix the issue.

Also, when I try to uninstall the eset app, the dialog asking for confirmation immediately closes

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. unusablephone

unusablephone Lurker

solved the issue, entering safe mode and uninstalling eset (and another produtivity app I had installed) fixed the problem.

Motorola Moto X Style Forum

The Motorola Moto X Style release date was September 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 21MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 808 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

September 2015
Release Date
Reviews