1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phone issue help needed

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by marbles67, Dec 8, 2013.

1. marbles67

marbles67 Newbie

Hi
    I have Samsung galaxy 3. I noticed battery not lasting the whole day well actually rarely did it ever last as these phones need lots of juice.the phone is a year old and it seemed worse so I put in a new battery yesterday. I charged it said it was charged and when I looked at the battery icon top right it looked like it had dropped. I went into settings and it says 85%.I also just did the update for the operating system yesterday. I would appreciate any help...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. marbles67

marbles67 Newbie

so the phone went 30% then died,its now charging seems to me that maybe the operating system uprgade i did yeterday is causing the issue?

3. kman9637

kman9637 Well-Known Member

im not sure how long you usually chrage your phone for, but try charging it overnight, and see how long the batt. lasts.

4. marbles67

marbles67 Newbie

thanks k-man.yesterday i charged brand new battery the whole night the led was green this morning so i figured it was charged.soon a i turned it on thats whwn i noticed the battery was at 85 then it kept dropping ,aprox 5hours later it was at 30% then shut off like there was battery.i have had it plugged in for aprox 2hours and its now showing 85% so alkmost charged.i am using a diffent charger this time.

5. struckn

struckn Android Expert
    VIP Member

Go into your battery stats under Settings, it will tell you what has been using your battery. Google services is giving a lot of people above-average drain, for starters.

6. marbles67

marbles67 Newbie

my phone doesnt seem to charge over the 87% mark now defnite problem.

7. marbles67

marbles67 Newbie

now upon closer view of the phone sems to be an issue with the charging port.the charging cable doesnt fit tight and the slightest touch of the phone is stops charging.I would imagine that the phone will worthless or is this a fixable item

8. marbles67

marbles67 Newbie

I did. A factory reset, no luck I think the phone is hooped

9. marbles67

marbles67 Newbie

So samsung support told me start the phone in safe mode and now my battery is up to 96%I'm confused :/

10. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

If in safe mode you arent having the problem, it means that an app that you installed is causing the problem :thumbup:

11. marbles67

marbles67 Newbie

I charged it all night it said 100% turned it on and battery icon said 85%

12. DaddyCee

DaddyCee Android Enthusiast

can you uninstall the apps that you have installed since this problem started?

13. marbles67

marbles67 Newbie

I have very few apps
    and no recent ones except bbm which has been installed for two months with no issues

14. marbles67

marbles67 Newbie

Tried to charge overnight again it won't go past 85% mark honest opinions is the
    Phone cooked?

15. mydian

mydian Android Expert

The charging port might be damaged. You could always pick up an external charger so you can try charging the battery with it not in the phone. Then once charged put the battery back in the phone and see what happens. If the port is bad you could also look into a wireless charger.

16. cmichael258

cmichael258 Well-Known Member

Could be the charger. I tried charging my S3 with the charger that came with my S2 and it would not charge past 87%

17. struckn

struckn Android Expert
    VIP Member

S3 is notorious for fragile charging ports. Advice from mydian is exactly what I would recommend as well. Check out the Qi wireless charger, supposedly works pretty good.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews