• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone issue help needed

marbles67

Nov 10, 2012
Hi
I have Samsung galaxy 3. I noticed battery not lasting the whole day well actually rarely did it ever last as these phones need lots of juice.the phone is a year old and it seemed worse so I put in a new battery yesterday. I charged it said it was charged and when I looked at the battery icon top right it looked like it had dropped. I went into settings and it says 85%.I also just did the update for the operating system yesterday. I would appreciate any help...

Hi
I have Samsung galaxy 3. I noticed battery not lasting the whole day well actually rarely did it ever last as these phones need lots of juice.the phone is a year old and it seemed worse so I put in a new battery yesterday. I charged it said it was charged and when I looked at the battery icon top right it looked like it had dropped. I went into settings and it says 85%.I also just did the update for the operating system yesterday. I would appreciate any help...
so the phone went 30% then died,its now charging seems to me that maybe the operating system uprgade i did yeterday is causing the issue?

Upvote 0
im not sure how long you usually chrage your phone for, but try charging it overnight, and see how long the batt. lasts.
thanks k-man.yesterday i charged brand new battery the whole night the led was green this morning so i figured it was charged.soon a i turned it on thats whwn i noticed the battery was at 85 then it kept dropping ,aprox 5hours later it was at 30% then shut off like there was battery.i have had it plugged in for aprox 2hours and its now showing 85% so alkmost charged.i am using a diffent charger this time.

Upvote 0
thanks k-man.yesterday i charged brand new battery the whole night the led was green this morning so i figured it was charged.soon a i turned it on thats whwn i noticed the battery was at 85 then it kept dropping ,aprox 5hours later it was at 30% then shut off like there was battery.i have had it plugged in for aprox 2hours and its now showing 85% so alkmost charged.i am using a diffent charger this time.

Go into your battery stats under Settings, it will tell you what has been using your battery. Google services is giving a lot of people above-average drain, for starters.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones