1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Phone Issues???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by stonecold_dt, Feb 15, 2011.

1. stonecold_dt

stonecold_dt Lurker
    None

Feb 15, 2011
    HI, I have bought the Xpheria X10 about 8 months ago, I live in Canada, and am on Rogers Wireless 3G, Rogers service is great, I love the phone the only down fall was battery life which semingly increased a day with the new droid upgrade to 2.1. NOw since that upgrade the Con's are out weighing the Pro's

CON'S
    #1 My phone Contacts will not work threw the phones OEM software Contact list, I had to D-load an "app" contact book just to call my contacts, big pain in the but really. Strange thing is in my OEM contact list works with the text messaging!!!

#2 My phone has this lovely feature of selective ringing, it decides to ring only sometimes and others not, I miss ALOT of calls, and I dont have that nifty option checked to send calls to voicemail so dont ask!

#3 There is another new thing my phone likes to do, when I try and call someone (anyone) I press the call button, and it says, "connecting..." for all of 2 seconds then says "call ended" repeatedly until it decides to let me complete a call, and I have turned my phone off, and on, and removed my case, battery, sim card, and nothing matters until it decides to let me complete a call.

#4 My phone has slowed down ALOT since the upgrade, I don't D-load a ton of apps, I make sure the ones I use are closed properly, not just backed out. I have a task killer which only runs minimal background apps if any, but yet it has lost well over 50% of its original speed. Oh and I have clear caches at least the ones I have found in the phones limited options menu.

So in short I am hoping either someone has come across these issues and fixed them and can address each of my issues, or someone can tell me how to revert back to ver 1.6 please.

I like the phone, I don't like the new software upgrade, it looks nice but cant walk the walk. Please don't make me regret not getting an "I phone"! :eek:

Thx for your feed back.

Advertisement

2. haxor5354

haxor5354 Newbie
    None

Jan 19, 2011
    for god sake dont use Sony Erricson's official ROM, try a custom, u might be surprised when it works better than the SE ROM you have right now.

3. clockwork58

clockwork58 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 3, 2010
    Toronto
    I also have the Rogers x10a since July and running 2.1 since November. I have never had any of the problems you mentioned.

ou can always try a custom rom as suggested or reinstall SE's 2.1 rom (with the new UXP update also available with multitouch) and see if that helps. =/

4. wynney666

wynney666 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 1, 2010
    PC Technician
    Sheffield, UK
    This forum is all for advice and helping each other. So any chance you can provide OP with links, sources etc. telling him Not to use official rom, might no mean anything without the sources etc.

5. stonecold_dt

stonecold_dt Lurker
    None

Feb 15, 2011
    I would love to try a new ROM , something tried and true. post a link and i would be more then willing to give it a shot.

I have completly went threw all my apps and deleted a pile, nothing seemed to make a difference until I deleted my task manager (task Killer) and installed a different one. Since then the speed has seemed to pick up alot, way less sluggish. I have yet to have my phone dialer mess up again, but its only been a day and it is intermittent.

However, I am still very much interested in perhaps a new ROM, so long as there not much more complicated to install then the original software.

I feel as if I have Internet explorer right now and Firefox is out there waiting for me. lol

Thanks for all input

6. kevmars

kevmars Member
    None

Nov 16, 2010
    As for your contacts did you register your google account first after ur update?

Are all your contacts on your sim card or is it a brand new sim card?

because there could be a couple of things to resolve this, just need to determine where to get your contacts from depends on what your answers are to the above